Place:  

Attractions »


Kannur»St Angelo's Fort

The St Angelo’s fort on the cliff, overlooking the beach was built in 1505 by the first Portuguese Viceroy of India, Dom Francesco de Almeida. The triangular fort is surrounded by the sea on all three sides and has a moat bordering its landward side. Rows of canons, ammunition dumps, stables, secret tunnels to the sea and a chapel, which is in ruins, can be seen.