Attractions »

Kannur»Thalassery Fort

Situated 20 km South of Kannur Town, the fort is built atop the Thiruvallippad hill of Thalassery town. It was constructed by the British East India Company in the year 1708. Built in an area of two acres, the fort built with red bricks, was used as a jail and currency manufactory by the British. The silver coins of Thalassery were also minted here.